Another Song for the Blog

I got to see Rogue Wave the other day in Philadelphia. It was a really fine show and the best parts were the first song of the set and the last song before the encore. For an encore they went totally unplugged after first asking the audience to sit on the floor. Anyway, I didn't know the name of the song "Like I Needed" I only knew that I wanted to hear the one where they sang "Ooo wooo". Unless you've heard it you won't know where the Ooo wooos go in the lyrical structure. So go buy it and you'll see what a tight song this is.

Like I Needed

seconds from the aftermath
happiness from beyond
looking like a doggie picture
thinking like a skull, come and get it on

these aren't the droids you're looking for
but I'll let you know if I see anymore
your problems rest assured
like I needed

camel toe with water fiction
cannot go with finn
breaking up the party structure
you cannot spin, come and get it on

these aren't the droids you're looking for
but I'll let you know if I see anymore
your problems represent
like I needed

Now the last song in their electric set was the first song from the Asleep at Heaven's Gate record. I erroneously thought it was called "Euphonium" which is of course some kind of tuba looking horn. Actually, the title is "Harmonium" which is some organ looking thing. Well I just did my web research on Harmonium and it turns out that it's a reed organ (harmonicas run with reeds too) that is run by a crank. Also, it's a prog band from Quebec. Anyway, I love this song a whole lot too. I'm trying to work out the chords. Rogue Wave played a lot of stuff with capos on. They also had an extra guitarist that isn't shown in their publicity photos. He did a lot of background vocals. And by the way, they're a hugely personable band, not at all aloof. They also had to do all their own roady work which wasn't a small deal seeing that the venue was down in a basement of the Unitarian Church. Anyway, this song is also worth the price of the album.

Harmonium

the air is thick
the air is wasted
the lamb lies down for our entertainment
some mother's son
crashed at the pavement
his little eyes gone
we're one in the same man

now you know you never waste it
now you know you're wasted

i hear your voice,
there's no emotion
did something die
you're not even responsive
when we were young we'd bottle water
collect reptile bones,
commence the slaughter

now you know you never waste it
now you know you're wasted

all your dreams thrown in the trash
you were born into war
you were taught not to ask
for every single possibility
moving shadows in the dark
deciding fates over cocktail lunch
every single possibility

we better bust them out
you better bust them out

heart attacks won't get us down
our rifle butts pressed in the ground
our brains are lost, our skulls are found
we're kicking up the dust above them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first post

Running - First part of 2013

My other work related youtube video story